We are an open club. You do not need to be an Adobe employee to be a member. We have members from beginners to award winning speakers. Our club members are from nearby companies in the SOMA area.
We would love to have you visit us a guest! Please contact us to let us know when you'd like to come visit.
We usually meet every Monday at 12pm at 601 Townsend St, San Francisco (Adobe office). However due to COVID-19 we are meeting virtually via Zoom. You may still attend as a guest, just email us!
We start at 12:05pm sharp! You will need to sign in at the security desk. Please arrive 5 minutes early to allow time to get a visitor badge. This way we can keep an eye out for you at the security desk since the meeting room is in secured part of the building. Please be on time because once the meeting starts we do not check for guests or members. Feel free to bring your lunch!
Adobe building's entrance:
Some interesting facts about Townsend Toastmasters:
- Our club was founded on February 13, 2009 as Advent Toastmasters. On February 1, 2013, the club became open and changed its name to Townsend Toastmasters.
- We are a President's Distinguished Club, the highest level of recognition by Toastmasters International.
- We are in District 4 Toastmasters which is part of Toastmasters International.
- On average, we have 10-15 members in attendance each meeting.
- Our meetings follow the guidelines set forth by Toastmasters International, except we combine the Grammarian and Ah-Counter roles into one role. Usually, we have 2-3 prepared speeches in each meeting, along with a few Table Topics.